Barges Australia hires out barges, pontoons, workboats and related marine equipment to provide floating work platforms, used extensively in water based construction projects.
PROFILE & SERVICES
Barges Australia hire out barges, pontoons, workboats and related marine equipment to provide floating work platforms, used extensively in water based construction projects. Our vessels have the distinctive features of being modular and road transportable:
- Modular pontoons can be used individually, or can be joined together in various configurations to build up larger barges.
- Being road transportable ensures that they can readily be mobilised from our base in Sydney to anywhere in Australia (including inland and remote locations) and overseas.
Our barges, pontoons and workboats are designed to provide stable heavy duty floating work platforms for water based construction projects. They are very suitable for a wide range of work applications, including:
- Wharf and bridge construction and repair projects
- Piling, crane, excavator and other plant operations
- Drilling, demolition, diving and dredging activities
- Water transportation of plant and materials
- Water based access platforms and storage areas
Thus our clients include a wide range of construction and engineering companies, civil and waterfront and many other service providers who may need to rent platforms to work off the water.
Our vessels are also suitable for special events on or adjoining the water including:
- Temporary floating marinas for boat shows
- Barges for fireworks and skyshow events
- Floating stages, entertainment and product exhibition areas
- Swim start pontoons for triathlon events and floating walkways
Many of our heavy duty modular steel pontoons have been used in such applications. However, we have also developed a line of timber-decked modular Special Event Pontoons, dedicated for events usage.
Barges Australia provides its equipment in arrangements tailored to provide the level of service required by our clients, which may include:
- Hire of our equipment only
- Assembly / disassembly work on site
- Provision of labour and specialist operators
Construction companies generally tend to take our vessels on a “bareboat” hire basis; whilst event organisers usually require a more complete service package. We have many and varied satisfied clients who have used our barges, pontoons and workboats at locations all around Australia and in Papua New Guinea.