21m steel catamaran barge
This is a heavy duty steel barge, suitable for a range of water based construction applications, including crane barge, piling barge, and transport barge.
21M Steel Catamaran Barge
This is a heavy duty steel barge, suitable for a range of water based construction applications, including crane barge, piling barge, and transport barge. It was originally designed to accommodate a 35 Ton Penine crawler crane on centrally located timber decking units. Principal particulars for the 21m steel catamaran barge include:
- Overall Dimensions: 21.04m long x 9.524m wide x 1.512m high when assembled.
- Weight: 38 tonnes including component parts, but excluding anchors, winches etc.
- Carrying capacity: up to 75 tonnes, which utilises about half the freeboard.
- Draft, without load: approx 300mm.
- Freeboard, without load: approx 1200mm.
- Freeboard, with load: decreases by approx 83mm per 10 tonnes of load. Thus 75 tonnes of load evenly spread will result in a 623mm decrease in freeboard to leave the pontoon deck approx 577mm above water, and a draft of approx 923mm.
Design work is in progress to enable 2 x 12.2m steel pontoons to be attached to the outsides of the 2 x 21m steel pontoons. This will increase the width of the barge to 16.6m, boost its carrying capacity to 125 tonnes, and facilitate the setting up of larger machines.
The 21m steel catamaran barge is road transportable by two extended semi-trailer loads, and can readily be assembled / disassembled on site. The heaviest lifts are the two 21m pontoons, each of which weigh 15t – 16t. Normally a 50t crane is used for loading / unloading them in our yard, but depending on the outreach required, a larger crane may be necessary to get them into and out of the water.